Periodontal & Gum Disease Treatment in Bel Air
Superior Gum Disease Care
Periodontal disease can affect your gums and the bones that support your teeth. This is not a sudden occurrence, but it may feel like it when you find that your mouth feels swollen, red, and painful. When you find that you are suffering from these types of symptoms, it is important to see your Bel Air dentist immediately. The sooner you have your gum disease diagnosed, the easier it is to treat.
Our periodontal care services include the following:
- Diagnosis: During your examination, our dentist will use a special tool called a periodontal probe to measure the space between your teeth and gums. If this pocket of space is larger, this may be an indication of gum disease. If we determine that you are in need of treatment, we will move forward with our treatment.
- Treatment: Our recommended treatment method will depend on the severity of the disease, which is determined during a thorough inspection. We will likely suggest a special periodontal cleaning in order to remove tartar and plaque from your mouth, and smooth out all of the rough spots on your teeth.
- Maintenance: After your periodontal treatment is complete, we will likely recommend that you come in for maintenance periodontal cleanings a few times a year. In these check-ups, we will thoroughly inspect your mouth for any signs of whether the disease has returned to your mouth over time.
Have you been experiencing any of the symptoms of disease, including discomfort, receding gums, loosened teeth, and persistent bad breath? If so, it is time to see our Bel Air dentist, who is an expert in diagnosing and treating periodontal disease.
Please don’t hesitate to make an appointment by calling us now at 410-877-3000 !
- Always On Time
- Personalized, Gentle Care
- Full Service for Entire Family
- State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Uncompromising Safety